When it comes to giving off a cool vibe, making bold sartorial choices with confidence goes a long way. Being a trendsetter means having an eye for pulling together uniquely stylish ensembles, but it can be difficult to discern if someone fashion forward or simply doing a whole lot with patterns. Take this quiz to find out whether she’s cool, or just pairing insane patterns with reckless abandon.
Does she follow seasonal trends?
- More often than not her style seems to predict new trends, and by the time they’re in the mainstream, she’s moved on.
- No matter the season, you are guaranteed to find gingham, florals, and houndstooth on her body at the same time.
How would you describe her style?
- Chic, original, inimitable.
- A cross between an old-timey pirate and every scarf my grandmother owns.
Does she accessorize inventively?
- Yes! She was tying bandanas elegantly around her neck years before the rest of us.
- Kind of! Yesterday she was wearing an airbrushed hat with someone else’s name on it that she found at a bar. Does that count?
What word comes to mind when you look at her outfit?
- “Visionary.” I never would have thought to wear this because I am not an effortlessly cool genius like this woman obviously is.
- “Ouch.” That is too many patterns on one person and it is making my eyes feel bad!
What fabric embodies her look?
- Linen or silk.
- A collage made from Us Weekly covers.
How do you feel when you see her strutting down the street?
- Inspired to live my best life and take chances with my own style.
- Confused, then shocked, then sleepy.
Mostly As: This woman is the queen of cool. She can create a brilliant ensemble out of the simplest garments and always brings out the best of the pieces she puts on.
Mostly Bs: It sounds like she’s just pairing patterns like an absolute maniac. She probably looks like a picnic basket exploded. But honestly? That is kind of cool! Keep rocking it, crazed patterns goddess.