Maybe it’s the way he treats you, or the butterflies he gave you at first sight – whatever the sign, you know when you’re with a great guy. But meeting “the One” – the person who appears at the exact moment you’re ready to make literally anyone work, is on another level. Here’s how to tell if he’s the One you should arbitrarily project all your hopes and dreams onto.
How does he make you feel when you’re around him?
- Relaxed, but not in a boring way, just like we’ve known each other a long time.
- When I’m with him, I feel totally comfortable with forgetting about all my own problems and letting my thoughts revolve entirely around us. I can barely even remember what life was like before I started envisioning myself only with him forever and ever! Ah, he’s the greatest.
How well does he know you?
- Better than anyone else – the good, the bad and everything in between.
- He knows me the perfect amount: Well enough for me to assign him every desirable quality I’ve been searching for in a person, but that no one person could actually contain. Seriously, I’m so lucky to find a guy who “gets” me in a way that I’ve entirely made up in my head. What a catch!
Do you both want the same things in life?
- Yes, we’ve talked about our future together and agree on nearly everything.
- We’re in the same place at the same time and we’re both single, so I don’t see the problem? I’m assuming we’re in this together because I don’t really have time to find someone else. This is it. We’re doing this. We’re compatible!
What do your friends think of your man?
- They think he’s great!
- They think he’s great, just no better or worse than the last five guys I dated successively without a day of rest in between each relationship. I’m also not sure they know his name? But that’s fine! We’re currently dating, therefore he’s all the things I need. I’m in love!
If he took you to a restaurant and proposed tomorrow, how would you react?
Hm, no. He sounds more like marriage material. Sorry!
Wow, yes. You’ve clearly found the One you can arbitrarily project everything onto through the best times and the crappy ones too, until the next One. Well freaking done!