We asked 12 totally clueless young people with no sense of the meaning of love or anything to share the exact moment they realized that they were in love with their significant other. It’s important to remember that these are all real people, who can legally drive cars, and this is what they believe love is. Here’s what they shared!
1. “I realized I loved her when she rear ended me outside of a Pizza Store. She was an idiot and I loved her smooth arms.” –Gerrand, 29
2. “I’m not sure where I am right now, but I do know that I love that woman over there in the tree costume. What do you mean that’s just a regular tree, go fuck yourself pal.” –Kevin, 19
3. “I knew I loved him when our arms accidentally touched and he was like, ‘Don’t TOUCH me!’ and I was like, ‘Okay,’ and he was like, ‘I’M SERIOUS BRENDA,’ and I was like, ‘Oh my god, I love you.’” –Brenda, 88
4. “I knew I loved her when she shrunk into a small rock. I was like ‘whoa’ and she started glowing and shaking and I was like, ‘Okay what’ and then she was like, ‘Football is my whole life,’ and I was like, ‘I love you.’” –Jake, 28
5. “I knew I loved him when I fell down a well and he said, ‘I have to go,’ and I live in the well now, he’s coming back probably.” –Karen, 27
6. “I knew when she was you and asked me whatever the hell you just asked me.” –Jim, 60
7. “I knew I loved me when I met someone else and I was like, ‘You’re not me.’” –Floppy, 30
8. “I love to carry my couch back and forth from the grocery store. Sometimes I just sit outside on my couch in the parking lot and they tell me to move, but I do love them, I love the people who get mad at me. I have strong arms.” –Jon, 29
9. “I knew I loved him when I said, ‘What’s that?’ to a guy and he said, ‘What’s what?’ and I said ‘You,’ and he went, ‘Me?’ and I went, ‘What’s your deal, what’s your fuckin’ problem?’ and he said, ‘Who are you?!’ and I thought his face was hot so I realized I loved him and captured him in a blanket. I carried him in the blanket attached to a stick over my shoulder, and I can’t stop realizing I love everyone.” –Lauren, 48
There you have it: the beautiful moment these people fell in love, according to these people who understand nothing.